July 29, 2013

a little week of happiness

It all started with a sunday picnic in Provo Canyon and oh how beautiful it was. Because I grew up in Orem, I fell in love with Mt. Timpanogos and Provo Canyon as a little girl and I can't help but love every minute of my life when I'm up in those mountains. So when my sweet sister called me for a sunday picnic with the family I just couldn't resist! Summer up the canyon is absolutely beautiful! The waterfalls are as beautiful as ever and the trees just add the perfect touch. I couldn't help but think how amazing Heavenly Father is and how he masterfully created this beautiful earth. I also couldn't help myself from thinking how lucky I am to have the family that I do. If you know them i'm sure you'll agree with me, but they are all the best examples and friends a young 18 year old could have. I can't help but soak up every minute I have with them-especially with the little kiddos. They know how much their Aunt Kimbee loves them but they don't know how much they mean to me quite yet! Their little giggles, sly comments, small kisses, tiny voices, big hugs, and their "I love you Kimbee" "you're the best Aunt in the world" make my world go round. Never grow up littles. This Aunt just can't get enough of you!!


 

Then came Pioneer Day and the whole crew was together again minus Elder Gubler in Germany. We all love when our dear Parents come in town. I especially love it because I got to spend two great years alone with them as I finished High School and those are two years I'd never replace. My parents are my heros and my best friends. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't get a phone call from my mom or that I call her to tell her every detail of my life since I can't in person anymore. Mother Susie knows me better than anyone else and she sure hasn't missed one detail in my life since who knows when. I'm so grateful for her listening ear and advice. I wouldn't be anywhere without my dear Mom and wonderful Dad!! But since we're the Shan Gubler family and there's always some activity up our sleeves, we all signed up for the Temple to Temple 5K in the last hours that you could and ran the next day! Even though i'm not the best runner like the rest of my family (don't worry, i'm becoming a runner!) we ran our little hearts out, laughing the whole way and had the best of times! 





















That night we headed up to SLC to the Days of 47 Rodeo with some of the Gubler clan. For the past two years, my family and a few other Gubler cousins go to the Rodeo with our cute Grandpa Gubs and oh how fun it is! My amazing Grandpa is the hardest working and most loving man that I have ever met and I love spending time with him doing things he loves! He's brought the cowboy/ farming side of life to our family and I absolutely love it. The Rodeo is a tradition that I will never miss because I get to be surrounded by fun with the people I love!


The best part of this week was after Tuesday, all of my classes were canceled so I was able to head home for the weekend! There's really no place like home. From the bumps on Vineyard Drive to all of my loving friends and family, it is the happiest place on earth and I can't help but love every second there! This trip I decided I wasn't going to tell any of my friends that I was coming down and oh how fun it was to surprise them! I first called my best bud Cason Patterson and surprised him who gave me the biggest hug and then said, "I'm so glad you're home Kimbee! Never leave again. I've missed you too much!" Boy, I sure love that guy. Then off we went with our 4th amigo Joe Empey to surprise Katelyn and she was surely surprised! When I walked in her room it was like she didn't remember who I was or like it was some dream, but once she realized I was "real" she threw her computer to the other side of the bed and jumped on me while punching herself in the face. haha! A few tears were shed and i'm not going to lie, it felt really good to feel so loved by these best friends of mine. I missed them oh so much and it was like Christmas being back with them! The whole night I heard, "I can really touch you. I'm not just talking to you through a computer" "guys, she's real." "gosh Kimbee, I love you" etc. Let's just say it was one HAPPY reunion for us four :)
The next day I was able to see my other cute friends of mine and end it with Elder Bunting's Farewell on sunday! I have the best friends in the world and I love seeing them start their new adventures aka: missions. All of my missionaries are such amazing guys and i'm so excited to see the lives they bless and change forever! Good luck Elder Bunting! I sure love you :)


Now i'm back as the college girl for 2 more weeks and I'm going to make it the best 2 weeks a girl could have! Even with all of the finals, papers, work and all that jazz, being at college has been one of the greatest experiences for me and I can't wait to see what Fall Semester brings!


1 comment:

jeni a. said...

Cute post! I'm really glad you're writing your life down + photographing on the way. You're good at it and I love reading your thoughts.