February 7, 2013

PROM with TOM!!!

Get ready for a long post. It's happening right now. 

New year starts and 3 weeks later, it's JUNIOR PROM!! Here's a little preface:
Here's Kim who doesnt think she's going to get asked because NONE of her senior guy friends are going and Juniors take Juniors right? So it's the day before we go back to school and I get a call from Meghan McKenna that went...
Meghan: Kim! Have you been asked to JP yet? 
Kim: Nope!
Meg: Have you heard of anyone wanting to?
Kim: Nope!
Meg: Great. Thanks. Bye.
Ha if that wasn't obvious I don't know what was! So now Syd and I start guessing who it could possibly be and the first person I say is Tom Jensen. We go on to say other options cause Tom taking me would be pretty random, even though I'd love it if he did. Secretly wishing it was him. 
That night I go to work and right when I get off Mother Susie calls and says to hurry home. Not like that was unusual or anything. So I get home not thinking anything of it and she says I need to get to bed fast. Yeah right. It was my sisters (Annie) birthday so I had to instagram about her before the night was over. 15 minutes later of being in my bathroom enjoying my time, Susie comes up and says, "Kim. You need to go to bed." Kim: "Mom what is up. You've never cared about me getting to bed so much before." Mom: " You havent even looked at your bed have you?" Kim: "Great. What did you do to my bed Mom. haha" 
So I go in and saw the poster, did a little jig, and then decided I should probably read it now. 
Unscramble the red letters to find my name. How in the blazes do I unscramble those? Well I didnt need to. I just turned to Susie and asked if it was Tom, hoping with all of my heart that it was. And IT WAS!!
I was going crazy I was so excited! The only person I would want to go with asked me. Hallelujah!! 



Now Tom has an obsession with my Sugar Cookies. I honestly don't know why but they reformed our long lost friendship so I like those cookies too!! So to answer him back, what would be better than making him giant sugar cookies? Super easy and he loved it. Perf.


2 weeks later the dance came and I can't explain how much fun it was! Again we ventured up to the Gates' cabin and I love it because every time you do different things and make different memories! 
We started off with a little dog piling to get a little warmer and then on to the main event! 
The ultimate steal the flag snow ball fight.
You know in movies when they have snow ball fights and their like ninjas flying everywhere and the snowballs fly freaky fast? Yep. That's how our fight was. C.R.A.Z.Y!! I did get a few bruises from the flying snow balls at rapid pace, but it was so fun!! 
We then traveled to another groups cabin where we raided them with snow balls and challenged them to a fight- but they refused. Little wussies. So after they refused, we walked/ fast walked/ ran to have lunch. Those boys did good. Pizza, veggies, chocolate, the whole 9 yards. I was proud of them. Then we hooked up the Mario Cart and had a competition that did get pretty intense. I love Mario Cart and Tom probs didnt know that, but i was in heaven with all of it! Did I mention how hard I was laughing? Tom and the rest of the gang have got to be the funniest kids on the block!! It's the normal thing for people to say "We definitely have the best group." but when I say we had the best group this time there's no stretching the truth. Holy Cow I could live with all of these people and be happy for the rest of my life. There would be no sadness happening EVER!! And i'd probably laugh myself to sleep every night. 
After dropping us off, I never stopped. Mother Susie was working magic on my dress and we finished getting ready/ dress prep right to the last second that we could! It was convenient that Tom was late because I wouldn't have been ready in time, which is abnormal for me. 
We drove over to the Pizza Factory to have dinner and then went to Lazer Mania to play lazer tag. So. Who on earth plays lazer tag in prom dresses? Everyone thought we were a bunch of hooligans but it was awesome! My sequins lit up with all the lights so I wasn't to hard to see, but I still dominated. Play lazer tag in a prom dress. That's checked off my bucket list!! 
Once 9:30 hit, off to the dance we went and we got the party started! When we got there NO ONE was dancing and it was really awkward, but we changed that real fast!! Once the dance was over, we were soaked to the bone in sweat and my hair was a wreck. Everyone was a sweaty mess but hey, we partied hard and it was worth it! 
When the day was over, I just wanted to go re-live it again. Tom was the BEST date and I have never had more fun at a dance! I could be 100% myself, and I'm weird i'll admit it, but me and Tom laughed the night away! 














Prom with Tom couldn't have been better!!

1 comment:

jeni a. said...

Cute! I love it when you blog.