December 30, 2012

September, crazy September

On September 11, 2012, my life and so many others turned upside down. The Santa Clara Dam broke and flood waters destroyed half of my ward, my house included. You can imagine the changes that came. Our whole basement was filled with water and if you look on youtube at videos, our backyard was a lake. Filled to the brim with water. It was crazy, it was hard, but we were so blessed! The basement and almost everything in it was destroyed, but we were able to save letters, pictures and most valuables. The water was 2 inches away from hitting ALL of our pictures and boy are we lucky it didn't. It hit at the beginning of Homecoming week, which I and Exec worked so hard on, and I had to leave everything to save my house. I  was in power save mode and i wasn't about to stop. There were SO many volunteers and helping hands it was amazing. So many gifts, food, time, money, ect. were given and the blessings were overwhelming. I can never say thank you enough to everyone who helped and are still helping to this day. 




My cute best friend Katelyn Jones make this package for me. She doesn't know how much that helped and meant to me, but it did. She really is such an amazing friend :) 


But when friday came, I was back in Homecoming mode and sticking to my commitments. It was hard leaving my house and I was still an emotional wreck, but my council, peers, and friends were so supportive. I really couldn't have done it with out them! And yes, I was happy. There was no fake smiles during set-up and the rest of Homecoming. It was so great! 


Meet my twin. But really, we're twins. Sydnee Yates is and will always be my best friend and sister to me. She is just like me and I love her to bits and pieces. You'll read more about her later! 

Game and dance set-up. See John Daly in the top right corner? I love him. Truly. 

For the day date we went up to Pine Valley and 4-wheeled to KJ's grave site and back. Loved every minute of it! 







I had the BEST date!! Cason was such a gentleman and I had a blast! It definitely made it onto my fav dance list! 


Kate was so nice to me during all the flood/ homecoming stuff. She took all of my Exec jobs and let me stay/get ready with her during Homecoming!







After Homecoming was over, back to flood relief I went and a few days later sweet Olivia Awerkamp was born (Jeni's baby). She is the cutest, most beautiful baby and her parents are amazing! 


In the same week, Olivia was born and my oldest niece Addie was baptized. I am one lucky and blessed Aunt. I'm actually the luckiest Aunt out there!! 


Happy crazy September! 

No comments: